Tenants Contents Insurance

Homes First Insurance logo

What would you do if you lost all your possessions? Could you afford to replace everything you own straight away?

As a tenant of the council, their insurance covers the structure of your home but not what’s inside such as your furniture and personal belongings.

Replacing the contents of your home could prove very expensive. We therefore strongly recommend that you get your personal belongings insured against events including:

  • Accidental damage
  • Fire
  • Theft
  • Flooding/escape of water

Homes First have teamed up with Aviva, the UK’s largest insurer, to provide a home contents insurance scheme. This is available for all Lewes District Council and Eastbourne Homes Ltd/Eastbourne Borough Council tenants and leaseholders. The package offers a policy with exclusive rates and a range of optional extras, including cover for accidental damage, there is no excess to pay if you need to make a claim and you can pay monthly by direct debit.

For more information go to the Lewes District Website