The corporate plan aims to –
- Build 200 new, additional council homes, and an additional 300 new affordable homes.
- Deliver more sustainable and energy efficient homes.
- Provide increased access to quality housing options, and accessible housing for specific support needs.
- Build community wealth.
- Create a net zero carbon council and district by 2030
New developments in the pipeline include –
- Old Hamsey (Chailey)
12 x 3 and 4 bed homes including 3 in shared ownership & 9 council rent. All homes will be handed over by March 2021.
- Saxonbury (Lewes Town)
A residential conversion with 12 x new affordable homes. Due July 2021 (delayed due to Covid-19 and Brexit Supply issues).
- Old Police Station (Newhaven)
21 x Council rent homes., with a mix of 1,2 & 3 bed flats and houses. With planning committee – awaiting outcome.
- Old Fire Station (Newhaven)
7 x 3 bed affordable rented houses for local people. Planning submission March 2021 & possible completion by November 2022.
- Anchor Field (Ringmer)
11 x 2 bed council rented homes delivered through Aspiration Homes. Due to be completed by January 2022.
- Ringmer in-fill sites
6 x 2 bed rented homes on in-fill garage sites. These are in the Neighbourhood plan but have yet to go to planning. Due to be completed by January 2023.
Watch this space for more news…